Who Is Choosing You?

I remember when I was told by my father that I would be lucky if I had five true friends in life. I was young. Twelve or thirteen, I was just old enough to think I knew it all but fortunately smart enough to listen and store the information. I trusted him and though the number of friends has exceeded his experience, I understand the sentiments. My dad went straight into the armed services at 18 where I took a more fluid and exotic path. One minute here and the next I'm there and thus I met more people who were attractive in mindset, character and of course, at times, physique. Over the years I've become quite the collector of great friends but ever more importantly those friends CHOSE ME. I have worked on myself since I can remember. Always checking in and trying to be a better person than I was the day before and thus making myself a more attractive candidate for friendship. I love my friends and will do anything that I can to help them reach any goal, traverse through any storm, and lend support throughout their journey where ever they see fit. This past weekend I was fortunate to spend time with two of my best friends. Both were my roommates and teammates at Duke University and I love them dearly. Thank you Will and Q for choosing me as your friend and brother. 

Much Love and Never Quit
Brainwashed For Greatness




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art In Sharing